Well, as of today we have been DTE (dossier to Ethiopia) for 2 months! We are moving along in this waiting period quickly! I can't believe that we have been done with our paperwork for 2 months. We still have a few more months of waiting to go before we hear anything from Ethiopia but we are moving along. I really don't expect to hear anything at all until after the new year.
God has been good in the waiting. Our sunday school class at church has been going through Francis Chan's book Crazy Love. This has been a great thing for our class and I am excited to see what God is going to do through it. I think that reading this book a year ago was one of the catalyst that led us down the road we are on right now (to Ethiopia!)
Also, God has continued to provide money for us though we have not really been actively doing fundraisers. One of the ways that we have come up with more money is that we decided to "fast" from grocery shopping for a month. We have 2 days to go. We only bought staple items, sugar, flour, milk, cheese, etc. We have been living out of our freezer and pantry for a month now cleaning it out. Heather has been baking bread and snacks like crazy! (which I love) We have spent about $35 on groceries for the month allowing us to save what we normally would spend. In cleaning out our freezer I have pulled a ham from our pig that we slaughtered a few months back. I can't wait to eat it in a few days.
That is all the news from us right now.
I was able to see both the sunrise and sunset today. Praise God for His beauty! God is Good.
Congrats on being 2 months DTE! Very exciting! Every single day counts! May God be blessing your fundraising efforts! *hugs*
ReplyDelete