We have a different sort of internet situation going on where we live. We can usually get on the internet, but first we have to turn on a mobile phone that sits plugged into our computer. Once this is turned on, we then have to select that phone as our internet connection. Then we wait a few minutes for the computer to recognize that we can get online. Then, we can usually proceed to surf the internet, although not always. Even though the computer always says we have full service, sometimes we can watch TV or watch a sermon, but other times, the internet is running too slowly to allow us to even log onto our e-mail much less watch anything streamed. {Sometimes I feel like we are in Africa}.
The other night, I came home feeling exhausted and defeated. I was discouraged and wondering if God was really speaking to me. Adam was working, so I went thru my usual routine of getting the girls to bed and then logging onto the computer. The first thing I did was log onto my e-mail account. I quickly looked through our email to make sure there was nothing that I needed to respond to. Then, I tried to log onto facebook. My computer kept searching for facebook for a couple minutes while I was busy putting things away. When I came back to the computer I got our standard message that said I was not connected to the internet (even though I was). Then I tried to click onto our yahoo account. Same thing. So, now I am seeing my evening getting fairly boring, as I am not going to be able to read blogs or watch TV. Then I think to myself, 'I couldn't even listen to a sermon if I wanted to.' And I proceed to think 'watch, that would probably be the one thing that I would be able to do.' So, I decide to give it a try. I clicked on Brook Hills website (a church in Burmingham Alabama that we enjoy listening to sermons through), and of course the website pops right up. So at this point I begin to get curious, I click to go back to yahoo and NOTHING. no internet connection. Facebook, NOTHING. no connection. Brook Hills, and the website pops right up. I found the Acts series and, wouldn't you know it, the sermon was exactly what I was feeling SO discouraged about.
Sometimes it's easy to dismiss these kinds of "coincidences" as just that: a coincidence. But, I believe that this was an act of God! He knew exactly what I needed that night. It's easy to let the world distract us into thinking that we need to live a certain lifestyle. But Christ has commanded us as believers to surrender everything, our whole lives to Him!
Yes! I most certainly believe in spiritual warfare. I believe that Satan sent me home discouraged, but that God won when I wasn't able to log onto anything on the internet except the very sermon that I needed to hear to encourage me!
Something that the pastor said in the sermon really hit home for me. He said, as followers of Christ, our whole purpose on earth is to spread the gospel to every tongue, tribe and nation! That's why we are here! That's why we haven't been taken up to Heaven immediately after proclaiming His name.
So I ask you, what are we going to do to carry this out??
Awesome reminder, Heather. Go God!
ReplyDeleteThe Grants