Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Adam's gut feeling vs. MY gut feeling...


Today was by far the BEST day here so far! First, we went to tour a coffee factory this morning. I will never take a cup of coffee for granted again. The amount of work that goes into each little bean is incredible. After the tour, we went to get a cup of coffee. Adam and I each got a macchiato, and oh yes, London had her first (1/4 of a cup:) as well! She is definitely gonna be a little coffee drinker:). After the coffee tour, we went to lunch, and then to visit our kids.
This is where the best part comes in. First off, I got to sit and read with our middle child, which was SO precious. She is still learning English, and so we were working on learning to read the BOB books. Since she doesn't speak or understand very much English, this is one of the first real bonding moments I have had with her. Then, with all 5 of our girls we pulled out some yarn and plastic stitching squares. The girls had SO much fun with that. It was great to see them all enjoying the same thing. And, it was the first time we were doing something as a family. Our youngest had just woken up at this point, so I was feeding him his bottle. Once he finished his bottle, Adam took him for awhile, and as he left with him I smiled and waved. And he smiled and waved right back!!! OH BE STILL MY HEART!!!! He was all smiles and giggles today. For the first time, I had him laughing! With every smile and giggle I could feel him trusting me more and more, and I could feel myself falling more and more in love.
Here's the problem. Adam does not want to make a final decision yet about whether we should stay here in Ethiopia and wait it out or go home, but right now his gut feeling is telling him that we are going to need to go home. MY gut feeling on the other hand, is telling me, that in 3 weeks, (when our kids are even more attached to us, and I am even MORE attached to them), I am not going to be able to leave OUR KIDS behind in an orphanage half way across the world!!

PLEASE keep praying for us as we try to figure out what to do. Right now Adam and I are tossing around different scenarios, trying to come up with different possibilities. If any of you have any suggestions, we'd love to hear them.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful day you all had! It made me so happy to hear that the youngest is getting more and more attached and happy with you all!

    Will be praying that you will have clear guidance on whether to go or stay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Heather. I miss you! I'm glad you guys had an encouraging day and great bonding time. Continuing to pray for you all. xo
    Sar

    ReplyDelete