Most nights, we do not have the internet. I'm not sure if our guest house doesn't pay for the "super speed" internet, therefore, it's too slow for us at night (b/c so much of Ethiopia is on the internet), or if Satan is trying to prevent me from feeling connected with loved ones back at home. Either way, it is discouraging. We almost always have internet during the day. But, as I am sure you can imagine, my time on the computer is VERY limited during the day. Most of the time I do get to sit down for a few minutes to log onto the internet, I am listening to crying, whining, screaming, fighting, or all of the above while I try to catch up with life back at home. By the end of the day, I practically fall into bed after I talk to Adam for a few minutes (if I am even able to do that). Many nights I just message him on skype, and these messages "pend" until the internet eventually comes back on at some point during the night, and then they get sent.
All this to say, I am SO very sorry for my delay in saying THANK YOU to those of you who sent beautiful birthday cards and sweet notes for my birthday!! I truly felt SO blessed to know that so many people back at home are lifting us up in prayer as we get thru our adoption process! The night before my birthday (Ethiopia time), the staff here at the guest house, surprised my with a birthday party! Adam had ordered a cake and roses! It was SO much fun! Then, on my actual birthday in Ethiopia, we celebrated by spending the day at the Sheraton! It was such a fun day! The girls LOVE to go here, as we spend the whole day swimming in their pool! It really is nice. When you walk into the water, it's like walking into the ocean at the beach, as it gets gradually deeper. But, it is not like the beach in Santa Cruz, more like the beach in Hawaii:) as the water is very warm! They have the kids area sectioned off, so it is perfect for my five girls who don't know how to swim. My parents gave me the best gift, a BREAK from all of my kids. Some other adoptive mommas met us at the pool as well, so we all ditched our kids and snuck inside for a cup of coffee! It was such a treat:)! This was probably my first real break since coming to Ethiopia, and I enjoyed every minute of it.
I enjoyed all of your cards over the course of three days. Reading your cards was the highlight of the days end for me, so I wanted to make it last:). With my kids sound asleep, I would hunker down in my bed and just enjoy the quiet moments of reading these words from home!
Having so many people praying for us, is the ONLY reason I am still surviving here in Ethiopia. When Adam left, I was sure that I was NOT the strong woman that everybody kept saying I was. God has given me the strength to get thru each day though. And, He has stretched me in more ways than I ever thought possible.
Thank you SO much for your continued prayers! I am definitely feeling them. While I definitely need prayer all day, I would specifically love prayer around 7:00, bedtime. This is 8:00am California time. It is around this time of the day that I just feel like I have run out of steam. I want everyone to go to bed, and honestly, I want them to go to bed NOW! Lately the girls have been taking over an hour to fall asleep, which means that they wake up cranky and tired. Capri is often the last to fall asleep and is always the first to wake up. With no nap in the middle of the day, you can imagine how fun she is around 4:00pm:). Please pray for patience for me during this time. Pray that God would sustain me beyond 7:00, and that I would be patient in waiting for the girls to fall asleep (so that I can have "me" time:).
Thank You again so much for all your love and prayers!!
No comments:
Post a Comment