Saturday, October 5, 2013

Days till Kenya

When we went to San Diego last week we were given count-down blocks.  My brother and sister in-law make them and sell them on Etsy (which can be found here) and were kind enough to make us our own special countdown of the "days until Kenya."  What an awesome idea.  We now have a visual reminder for all 8 of us and a visual goal.  Each day, our kids are watching the numbers go down.  I know that the numbers are still pretty high, but they have already dropped by ten since we got the blocks and I am sure that before we know it they will be less than 100.





Yesterday was a special day of praise.  We received our first financial donations.  This was so exciting for us as a family as we see God moving through his people.  I also was blessed to be able to meet a couple whom I had just been introduced to.  After a few minutes of discussion they asked how they can be apart of our work.  (What??? I thought.  I just met you and yet you would consider partnering with us?)  Only God.  Only He can provide through his unlimited resources exactly what we will need.  We have been told a few times that we will gain a new understanding of the global church body and how God provides.

We are starting to see it and are in complete amazement.

2 comments:

  1. We have had our very first supporters come forward too and it is so encouraging!! Is your goal July ABO? Maybe our families will meet in Kenya! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, our goal is January 2015. It is so exciting to see how God is moving through this process. I am sure that we will meet in Kenya, it is a small, small world.

      Delete