Sometimes, in the overwhelmingness of trying to get our family to Kenya I get tired. Exhausted. It seems that there is a never ending to-do list of items that must be done. It is in these hard, tired moments where I will have a fleeting thought that comes into my head. "This is too hard, what am I doing?" It goes away just as fast as it comes. Turning to prayer, I ask God these same questions. And, in the stillness the answer continues to be the same. "Because, this is the plan I have for you."
Don't get me wrong. I long for Kenya. I long to be working among the Digo people. 99% of the time I know that we are moving in the right direction. The other 1% of the time is when I need a gentle reminder.
These last few weeks we have been diligently working on getting rid of many of our worldly possessions. It has been so freeing and wonderful to start to de-clutter things. Yet, in the busyness of cleaning and selling the reality of moving overseas has started to become very real.
Overworked, stressed, busy, tired, exhausted, we were in need of that gentle reminder that we were going in the right direction. Then it came. This time in the form of a random person. Somebody that was coming to buy some of our stuff that we are selling. The question arose of why are we selling our things and Heather simply told her that we were moving overseas to be missionaries. This was when the random person whom we had never met pulled out a check and handed it to Heather, saying that she had seen our facebook account and had read our story.
Only God.
Only He, can touch somebodies heart in this way to cause them to be this generous. We are so grateful and love to see the way that He is providing for us. It is through gentle reminders like these that He reminds us that He is the provider, and that we just need to rest in him.
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9
No comments:
Post a Comment