Friday, December 9, 2011

6 hours....

In about 6 hours we get to go to the transition home that are children are living in and meet them for the first time! I can't sleep. I know that part of the lack of sleep is due to jet lag, not eating dinner right now, and the club music that has been going on all night long. Some of it actually sounds like a po-go stick bouncing. However, I mostly can't sleep because of thinking of how our lives are changing in the next 6 hours. I feel like a kid on Christmas eve! I want to sleep, but am wide awake.

We found out here from some of the staff that our girls are SO excited to meet us as well. That they have been counting down the days from 21 just like we have been.:)

I love being back in Africa. There is just something right about it. Something that has been missing. We also have learned how to correctly pronounce our kids names. We are trying to get our girls to quickly learn the new way as the way that we thought, is actually a different name.

Our kids really did amazing on the flight. We are super impressed. Thank you for your prayers. The only really hard time came at the last 30 minutes when we had to put away the ipad and headsets to watch the movie. We have not met any other families here yet. Though I am sure they have met us as we were the ones arriving to the guest house at midnight with 3 kids crying and yelling loud due to excitement.

1 comment:

  1. Hurray!!!
    SOOO excited for you! We completely understand about the names- we didn't learn how to correctly pronounce our boys names until we arrived in ET.
    We can't wait to hear more about meeting your precious kids!

    ReplyDelete