Monday, January 30, 2012

Adam is departing.

Tonight, as most of you are waking up, I (Adam) will be getting on a plane to head home.
I have a few concerns about heading home.
- London is still really sick. She is going to get her last round of injections today before I leave, and she is going to be on oral antibiotics for a while still. However, she still barely can walk around and is cranky as ever.
- We have two other kids with colds and I have a wife who has not been feeling well herself.
I know that the staff here at our guest house and friends here will take good care of her. I also fully trust that the Holy Spirit will give Heather the strength, courage, patience, and wisdom as I depart.
My other concern is my returning to America. I was never concerned coming here about the culture-shock. It is the reverse culture-shock of returning to the states that concerns me. I know that it will be hard for me. I feel at home here on this half of the world. There is a peace here for me that I don't have at home. I love where we are. I love the 25 cent coffee's, I love the people, I love Ethiopia. I love Africa.
Don't get me wrong, there are some luxuries that I look forward to that we don't have here. I really look forward to being able to drive my own car. It is hard not being able to just get in a car and drive somewhere.
I will miss a lot here. I will especially miss my wonderful wife and 5 (almost 6) beautiful children . We plan on being apart for at least a month, but with the way things have been going so far, it is likely to be longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment