Thursday, January 26, 2012

When it rains it pours!

This week we decided instead of sitting around waiting anxiously to hear if our boy had passed court, and if our girls would be submitted to embassy, we would get away for a couple of days on a safari. We had a (mostly) fantastic time:) We saw tons of baboons, monkeys, crocodiles, oryx, and kudu. Tons of fun stories, which I will save for another post.
When we came home, we found out that we did not pass court for our boy. There was a confusion in the paperwork, and supposedly we will pass soon (although I'm not holding my breath:). We also found out that we were NOT submitted to embassy as we had hoped. This means that we will not be submitted until at least next Wednesday, Feb. 1st. SUCH A BUMMER! While it's a bummer to get delayed by a whole week, it was sort of a decision making week. Because the court process took MUCH longer than we expected, we decided awhile back that if we didn't get submitted by this week, then Adam would go home, since he will not be able to stay until the girls get cleared to go home. He is at the Lufthansa office right now, trying to get a flight out sometime early next week. We are hoping that in doing this, he will be able to save his vacation to return to ET to pick us up in 4-6 weeks. Also, we are praying that there will be overtime available for him to work so that we are able to completely fund our adoption. As with most things in life, it always seems to cost more than you anticipate:).
Just before we left for our safari, Adam had gone to the bank, so that we could pay for our driver, our hotel and our food. When Adam and I were packing for on Monday night, he showed me where he was putting our wad of cash in his backpack. I was leery about bringing so much money with us, but we didn't know exactly how much things would cost. Plus, we didn't feel comfortable leaving so much cash behind in our guest house when we would be gone for so long. When Adam went to get his money today to take with him to the lufthansa office, it was gone. We searched EVERYWHERE. But, it's gone.
I feel like satan is really trying to test us to see when we will "crack". Adam and I, while sick at the thought of losing so much money, are really trying to have a good attitude about it. If nothing else, for Eyerus. Poor Eyerus was carrying the backpack right before we believe our money was stolen. Even though we never once blamed her for losing the money, she somehow feels a little responsible. I assured her over and over, that it's just money, and we can always make more money. She feels so bad that we have lost so much money, as she really understands the value of money, and feels like even $5 is a huge amount.
I'm so bummed that we have lost so much money, but at the same time, I feel a surprising peace about the whole thing. I know that it's because so many of you are lifting us up in prayer. I just know that God is faithful. He has not left us! He is walking this road with us, and He will continue to provide, just like He has during our entire journey.
So even though Satan may think he is beating us down, I WILL NOT BE DEFEATED!!!! I know that God is on our side, and when HE is for us, NOTHING can be against us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment