Saturday, April 13, 2013

Meeting Mita

We drove into the eight foot tall steel gate and she was standing there, opening it for us.  She looked very shy, and slightly puzzled.  She had just been been told about Eyerusalem and I the night before.  We parked, got out of the car and I greeted her.
Eyerusalem and her met, for the first time in about 8 years.  There was that awkward handshake, a slight glance at each other and then they both turned shyly away.  It took some coaxing from the adults to get them both to turn back towards each other and in the matter of minutes the awkward, childhood shyness was gone and they were laughing and having fun together.
In a sort of anticlimactic way, the meeting with Mita went well.  I am not sure what either of us expected.  Her whole family that lives in town was there.  Her mom, her brother, cousin, aunt and uncle.  Her house was big, and well kept.  It was so good to see that she is well taken care of and that she is loved.  We had a great lunch.  I have never been served so many Ethiopian dishes in one meal.  The conversation was good and the hours passed by fairly quickly.  Politics was a good topic as Mita's uncle is a retired ambassador.  He had some interesting things to say.
We will meet with her again one more time, tomorrow after church for coffee.  I am glad that we will have the chance to see her at least once more.
Eyerusalem seemed to have enjoyed herself and was glad that we have been able to come.  She seemed so relieved to see her.  The whole way to the house she was reliving her time in Ethiopia.  She told us about how she would look for Mita in the area.  As we pulled into the driveway, she was shocked to find out that she was so close.  She had been looking up and down the right street.  In fact, she had looked directly kiddie corner to Mita's house, but due to the large gates and fences did not realize she was within fifty feet of her.
I am glad that God has allowed us to be able to find her, for them to reconnect with each other and for this questions of Eyerus's to finally be answered.

I will post pictures at some point.  However, I can't do it right now from ET.  Pole Sanna.

No comments:

Post a Comment